Personal Injury Attorney Delano CA
The city of Delano, California is situated in Kern County along Highway 99 between Bakersfield and Visalia. Although the major industry is agriculture, it does see its fair share of out-of-town traffic and visitors. For local area residents, there is oftentimes a need for a personal injury lawyer, especially if you were involved in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence. In these situations, you will most likely be entitled to compensation for damages.
Cases We handle
When it comes hiring an accident lawyer, the name you can trust in Delano and the surrounding communities is the BL Personal Injury Law Firm. Our lawyers have years of combined experience and expertise in California law. Rest assured, we have lawyers that are highly knowledgeable when it comes to filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
We specialize in the following types of accidents and injuries:
- Product liability injuries
- Dog bites
- Public transportation accidents
- Motor vehicle/motorcycle accidents
- Orthopedic injures
- Pedestrian accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Slip and fall accidents
- Spinal cord injures
And this is not all. You may like to know more about the experience of our lawyers and the injury cases we have handled. With proven success over the years, we have got our clients awarded the maximum amount of compensation, amounting to millions of dollars.
Determining Legal Liability
Personal injury cases can be very complex depending on the nature and extent of the client’s injuries. While you may be absolutely sure that your accident was caused by someone else, you and your BL Personal Injury Law Firm attorney have to prove this if your case goes to trial. You have to understand that most accidents are caused by an individual’s carelessness, negligence, or recklessness. Therefore, proving legal liability is crucial to winning your case and getting compensated for damages.
The basic rule of thumb regarding proving legal liability in a personal injury case is this. If one person is less careful than you are, they should be required to pay for the losses you’ve incurred as a result of the accident and your injuries. This is more commonly referred to as the “Rule of Carelessness.” We prove legal liability with this rule and one of the following factors:
- If a company employee causes an accident that results in injuries, the employer can be held legally responsible as well.
- If a consumer is injured by using a defective product, the manufacturer, retailer, and anyone else involved in the chain of distribution or supply are all liable. This applies even if whoever caused the defect is unknown.
- If a person is injured on a property that is poorly built of not maintained properly, the owner is held liable for being careless, even if they didn’t create the condition.
- If an injury victim was also careless, this is referred to as “comparative negligence” and it could cost them a percentage of the compensation they recover for damages.
- If the person sustaining injuries shouldn’t have been in the area where the accident occurred, the defendant does not have a duty to exercise care and may not be held liable for the person’s injuries.
If someone you know has been injured in an accident in Delano, you may have a few questions regarding your rights to compensation for the injuries you received because of it. If you have received injuries and would like to file a claim, you are entitled to compensation for your injuries and your personal injury lawyer can help you every step of the way. We’d like to help you get the information and assist with the paperwork before you file a claim.
At the BL Personal Injury Law Firm, we put our experience and expertise to work for you. Although you may be tempted to handle your personal injury claim without legal assistance, you’ll have a better chance of getting the compensation you deserve with a skilled lawyer on your side. For more information about filing a claim or lawsuit, or to schedule a FREE consultation, contact the BL Personal Injury Law Firm today.
BL Personal Injury Law Firm
1313 Main St Unit C,
Delano, CA 93215