Slip and Fall Accidents Attorney Delano, Dublin, Lompoc, and Los Banos
One of the many areas that the BL Personal Injury Law Firm specializes in is slip and fall accidents. These accidents are more commonly referred to as “premises liability” accidents in the state of California. However, not all slip and fall cases lead to premises liability claims. Slip and fall accidents can occur in a wide range of locations such as a freshly mopped floor in a retail store or on an uneven sidewalk. In California alone, hundreds of valid slip/trip and fall claims are filed every year.
Proving Fault or Negligence
In order for someone to be found negligent in a slip or trip and fall accident case, the BL Personal Injury Law Firm must prove one of the following:
- The property owner or one of their employees must have caused a dangerous or slippery spot to be underfoot.
- The property owner or one of their employees must have been aware of the surface in question but did nothing to correct it.
- The property owner or one of their employees should have been aware of the surface area in question since any “reasonable” individual would have been and took steps to correct the issue or repair it.
The most common situation is the third one. However, it is less clear because of how the words “should have known” are interpreted by the court. In many instances, the ruling in a slip and fall case is determined by common sense. Furthermore, a judge and jury will oftentimes determine whether the property owner or one of their employees was careful about taking the proper steps to insure the property was safe. There are various aspects that are considered before a settlement is reached or the liability is decided. That is why it becomes important to consult with a personal injury lawyer from our legal firm. We have years of experience in handling and representing slip and fall cases that resulted in mild to catastrophic injuries for various clients.
Common causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
At the BL Personal Injury Law Firm, we have handled slip and fall cases that occurred in a variety of settings such as in your own home, at a friend’s house, at the mall, at work, or even at a place of worship. The most common causes include:
- Broken furniture
- Broken or missing stair railings
- Cables or cords that are left uncovered
- Failure to post warnings when a known hazard exists
- Failure to rope off or isolate a construction site
- Loose carpeting
- Plumbing leaks/spills
- Uneven floors
Our legal firm is not out to mar the reputation of a business or property owner. We just feel that slip and fall accident victims should be compensated fairly and reasonably for their injuries. As we charge on a contingency basis, you only pay us when we win you the damages you deserve. To schedule a FREE consultation with one of our lawyers, contact the BL Personal Injury Law Firm today.